Monday, March 31, 2008

Blog #11: Winding down?

We're starting to finish up changes on the blog and to work on training materials. It looks like we will be filming our openings on Thursday (so I will try to remember not to look like I just woke up) and we are writing the scripts this week but may not film them this week. We aren't sure yet. It depends on Nancy and what she says she wants to change. This is pretty much her last opportunity to say if she hates something or not before we have to finalize so we can film training materials and finish up. We each have two scripts to write. Mine are the counter widget and the search feature which includes my new and working tag cloud. I have started to kind of play around with what each thing is capable of to write a short script for it. I think I'm just going to jot notes for each step I take and go from there. I'm not sure yet but I better get sure soon since we're looking at them on Thursday at our team meeting.

This has all gone so fast. I can't believe it's almost over. I also can't believe that after all the time, energy, and frustration that the tag cloud was something the wiki had built in to the search feature all along. Oh well. it works now the way I want it to. It's useful and I like it. I'm pretty proud of the way it looks. I've had a coworker take a look at it and she loved the way it looked and wondered if she could get me to set one up for her. As much as this has been very interesting and I'm glad I know how to do it now and feel confident just playing around with things, I think she's on her own with that one. She can learn how to do it when she takes the class.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I think you should be proud of all your hard work! It looks great. I can't wait to get everyone on front of the camera. You tag cloud reminds me that we are all so clever with our minds and hands. Even when you were flummoxed, you didn't give up.

Mary Alice Ball said...

I second what Kay wrote, Amanda. You really hung in there and mastered the tag cloud. Good for you!!!